The League’s True MVPs: Top 10 Stadiums by Revenue
When it comes to the business side of the NFL, the true MVP's would be the TOP 10 money making stadiums. Coming in first place is the Cowboy's Stadium, bringing in an estimated $369 million!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
While I personally enjoy football games, I think that they should be a lot cheaper. The playters on the teams are ridicolously overpaid in my opinion, and guess where a good chunk of that money comes from? Revenue from ticket sales.
ReplyDeleteAlthough there are many physical risks involved in being a preofessional football player, I certainly do not believe that they merit the multiple million dollar salaries that many of the NFL's star players enjoy.
I agree with the comment above. But I don't really care to much for football so it doesn't bother me how much stadiums are bringing in. But It does make me wonder where are they getting that money?
ReplyDeleteWith so many Americans enjoying the game and paying whatever it costs to get seats at a game the NFL ans stadiums can charge as much as they want. These players deserve to make the money they do. They have worked so hard there entire lives to get where they are today. If any of us worked as hard as those guys would you think it would be right to make that kind of money?
ReplyDeleteThe stadiums make so much money because people are willing to pay a lot of money.I agree with the first post in that most players are over paid, especially rookies who haven't been proven in the NFL. I don't know if players getting less money would lower ticket prices.
ReplyDeleteThe stadiums and the football players are invested with an obscene amount of money... I know they work their butts off to train and so on, but they are definitely overpaid... And so are celebrities... Heart surgeons and Brain surgeons work hard as hell and all the schooling they go through, they still get way less then the football players/celebrities... I love watching a good game or two and was never really into going to the games e personally, but I wouldn't mind going if the price was right... I will never pay $300 for a seat...That is just rediculous... But a lot of fans do it and that's their choice..But the sporting markets really do invest so much money into the games...
ReplyDeleteI was surprised to see how much money stadiums make. Especially because they seem to make everything so expensive so it would seem that they weren’t making as much money as they wanted. But since players make so much money I’m sure they spend most of the money that the stadium earns into the players cost.
ReplyDeleteI was shocked by how much the stadiums revenue is also. Whats even more shocking is thats just the stadium revenue and not all the merchandise that is sold apart from the stadium so teams really do make a lot of money. The stadiums all make within $226 and $396 million! It really is a huge business but i believe its also for a good cause. Its not very often that 70,000 people gather and enjoy a common thing, so its great to keep our country and cities unified.
ReplyDeleteI think it is crazy what they charge for tickets! It is crazy to think that they are making that much money and cant lower the prices. As much as i love football, in my opinion the players make way too much money. They could still be making the big bucks without it being 10's of millions and more.
ReplyDeleteThese stadiums may produce millions of dollars in revenue each year but they also cost billions of dollars to build and finance.
ReplyDeleteThese stadiums are expensive to build and maintain, while everyone wants cheaper tickets, it simply cannot happen because of how much more they have to put into a stadium. There is all the electricity that is used, security, snack stands, cameras, tvs. There is so many little things that add up. Also in football, there is only about 10 home games...so it is worth more to go to a football game than it is to go to a baseball game.
ReplyDelete